Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

 Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in the world who hold that title. I hope they know how blessed they are to have little ones (and big ones!) that call them Dad".


I did not want to leave the dads of my church congregation out after what I did for the mom's on Mother's Day.
So when the  children sang to the congregation for Father's Day, I made ties out of card stock for each of the children to hold. It even looked like they were wearing the ties! It turned out really cute. They sang a couple of songs and then gave the ties to their dads when they finished.

Each tie had a Father's Day message and a little piece of chocolate. As you can see this tie's chocolate was gobbled up before I could get a pic. The dads were so grateful for their little treat and to be remembered.
Speaking of remembering great dads, I would be remiss not to mention the wonderful fathers in my life. I am so blessed to have a husband who is also a wonderful father. I feel so lucky to have him! I have also been blessed by my husband's father, Ron. He is wise, generous, and has taken such good care of his family. He has also been recently diagnosed with Lymphoma that has spread to his bones. We are heartbroken but also believe in miracles and are praying he will be with us for many years to come. Love you Dad!

And last but not least, my own dear father. I was so blessed to have my wonderfully talented dad for my dad. Any artistic talents I have are from him. He is kind, giving and gentle. He always made me feel special, loved and safe. I am in awe of him and the life he has lived everyday. And at 82, he is still doing amazing things (not to mention he still looks amazing!) . Thanks for everything Daddy, I love you!!

2 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Oh my gravy, sooooo cute! Our kids gave out m&m bowties, which was a horrible idea because no child wanted to relinquish that candy. :) I'll bet the kids were so cute singing with their little ties.

socalgal said...

What a beautiful Fathers Day tribute Ellie!
Thanks for sharing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails