Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Super Card Trick Block Pattern!

When I joined the 4 x 5 Modern Quilt Bee I wanted to find a new block that had not been used much before. I'm always on the search for fun new patterns. I went back to an old pattern booklet I have called "Best of Blocks from Quilter's Newsletter Magazine." The blocks are all made using templates. I tried to make one of the blocks once and it had like hundreds of templates and it was a disaster! But I thought it would check it out again anyway.

I found the pattern for this block and thought it was kind of cool. A lot like the Card Trick block, but with more "cards". I decided I would convert it to a paper piecing pattern so that it could be more precise.
It took a little bit of troubleshooting, but I figured it out! I call it Super Card Trick and you can download a PDF copy of the pattern HERE
I have not included basic paper piecing directions. But you can find them on the web. This is a great one by Faith at Fresh Lemons.



 So here are the blocks I made for my little Bee Hive #8. This member wanted pinks & purples.
This member wanted all shades of purple and gray.
 
 This member requested turquoise, yellow-orange and gray.
 This one black, grey, white and a pop of mint green!
 
 It's so fun to see them all together!
Here is the one I made for myself. It might just be my favorite! I thihk I have fallen in love with the colors I have chosen.
Here are all the blocks I received, don't they look awesome? A couple more rounds of this bee and I'll have enough for a quilt!

 If you decide to try the Super Card Trick block, I would love to see it! Post it in my Craft Sew Create Flickr group. Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maxine said...

Really like the block...printed out the pattern to make one..also question how do you get involved with all the quilting bee's or what ever you want to call them and make all the fun blocks? I do not have a blog.....but I would like to get involved with a quilting project..Loved all the color ways you made with this block.

Nora - PhD by Publication said...

The patterns are really attractive and so refreshing to look at. No doubt this will surely be a hip! The color combinations are just right and it’s well done. Nice job! How about lavender, pink and yellow green combination? Polka dot patterns would be great, too! Have a nice day!

Online PhD UK

Trish said...

Yay!! Thank you for posting the pattern, I'm SO excited to make this into a baby quilt for a dear friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails