Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2010

I am so excited to submit Heidi's Quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival! This has truly been a labor of love for me. My dear friend, Katie asked me to make a quilt for her beautiful daughter, Heidi's special birthday. Heidi picked the basic design and colors and then I went with it!
It is a twin size bed quilt made with in a Disappearing Nine Patch with two strip borders, a patchwork border and a ric rac trim.
 The main fabric line is Pillow & Maxfield's Whimsy by Michael Miller. The brown & white polka dot is Michael Miller's Dumb Dot. There is also some Ta Dot by MM, Paula Prass' Flights of Fancy, and a Jennifer Pagianelli print.
 I put a beautiful aqua minky on the back so it would be warm and cuddly. This is the first time I had a quilt long-arm quilted. Grammie Roylane did a beautiful job and the minky quilted wonderfully!

 I also made a matching sham and four throw pillows. This was such a challenging but rewarding project and I know that it will be loved. XO Katie!

24 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful quilt!!! I love the colors. The minky backing is a nice touch, very cozy I'm sure.

Barb said...

what a fresh and lovely quilt! Thanks for showing the back - the quilting is stunning - Luck Heidi!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

How pretty! Lucky Heidi!!

Teresa said...

This is beautiful! Great inspiration for my next quilt! I was thinking about a disappearing nine patch and I love how yours looks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours! Heidi is one lucky girl. I think I have to add a disappearing nine patch to my to do list. So many quilts, so little time!

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt, I like how you used minky on the back.

Lonci said...

I love the color combination that you used:)

Kristie said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Happy Festival!

BJ said...

Great quilt. I think I love the pillows even more than the quilt though. Very nice.

Quilted Cupcake said...

Nicely done. The fabrics work perfectly together. The D9patch always turns out so great! Very nice!

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics she chose -- and the pillows you made are awesome!

Little Island Quilting said...

Great colours - I like it

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, beautiful work! I love the dumb dot inner border, those dots are so much fun. And that matching pillows are great, especially the flowers!!

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

That quilt is TOO beautiful. The fabrics are great, and I love the pillows. Great job!

annieb said...

What a pretty quilt- I just love the colours.

Miri said...

Pretty, pretty quilt and I just love the pillows! What a great gift!

Unknown said...

Heidi gets the quilt and pillows tonight! So excited to show her! THANK YOU SO MUCH ELLIE! Love ya! Oh, and by the way, my mom loves the baby quilt too. She is amazed with your talents and so am I! ;)

Sherry said...

Gorgeous quilt. The colors are beautiful. I like how you added the borders to the Disappearing 9patch. The pillows are adorable. Lucky girl that Heidi. Thanks for sharing!

Tyler & Brenda said...

Fabulous quilt! I love how you used the different fabric borders. Lovin' the pillow too.

Christine said...

Beautiful quilt and pillows! Great work!

Charity said...

Such cool calming colors. It reminds me of the sky. I think it would be a great companion to a book and cup of tea!

Paulette said...

What a great quilt! Love the colors, and those matching pillows are just too cute!

Carol said...

The colors and patterns are gorgeous. Love all the cushions :)

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) said...

Lovely, I wish I had the patience and talent to do all the stitched swirls that give it that extra little touch :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails