Monday, May 19, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2014 - Mini Quilt Catergory

As promised here is the second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. I recently took part in Doll Quilt Swap 14 over on Flickr. I love doing swaps! And I had a fabulous partner that I really wanted to do something fun for. When I looked over her Flickr pictures I saw that she had a vintage aqua Holly Hobbie sewing machine and new this was the quilt I wanted to make for her!
 The pattern is from Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet. She was one of my favorite pattern and fabric designers. I love her style, and have you seen her adorable house!? I have had this pattern for while, so I was excited to finally have an excuse to use it.
Lots of applique and some embroidery on this one. And of course, buttons!  
My favorite part is the tomato pin cushion. I love the little "pins" made with beads.
 I hand stitched the letters using a blanket stitch.
 I made the cord using red rick rick and then adding a white embroidery thread after each rick or is it rack? :) I also did some loopy loop quilting on the background fabric.
On the back I used an adorable print from Pam Kitty Morning. Oh how I love my florals!
I hope you like this little mini, I really want to make one for myself. Be sure and check out all of the fun quilts at:

AmysCreativeSide.com

25 comments:

CitricSugar said...

This is so stinkin' cute!! Love all those little details you added - especially the beaded pins!

Sally Hurley said...

What a whimsical little quilt. I love the pins and the rick-rack cord. Nicely done!

ipatchandquilt said...

Oh Ellie, this is just so fun!!!
Love what you did with the rickr ack! So clever!!!
Esther

Shelley Cavanna said...

Such a great quilt! LOVE the rick-rack-y cord!

Tanyia said...

this is so darling!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

ADORABLE!!!

Margaret said...

I love it

Ольга Романив said...

What a gem!

Deonn said...

Way cute, Ellie!

Nini And The Sea said...

This is awesome! love the saying on it! Great job!

Kamila @ Work-With-Patches said...

Great mini quilt! Beautiful colorful sewing machine :)
Greetings from Poland
Kamila

leanne said...

this was one of my favourites in DQS14 - so glad you entered it into the bloggers quilt festival !

A Quilter's Mission said...

This little quilt is beyond cute! I voted for it!!

Kristina said...

Дуже гарно!!!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Wow, I love all the little details in the mini! Good luck to you, it's amazing!

Caroline said...

This is so cute! I love all of the little details:)

Sarah said...

Love it

Vivian said...

This was so cute (so completely honors the inspiration)!! I love all the embellishing you did (the beaded pin heads and rick rack cord? Genius!) Excellent swap project!

Wendy said...

how gorgeous! I love all the little details - the pins in the pincushion, the cord for the plug, the little buttons... great job!

Joanna @ Shape Moth said...

That's one pretty sweet quilt. Love the colours!

magistra said...

Oh my gosh, this little quilt is adore able!! Now I have to try to make myself one...maybe in a couple of years when I have the skills to do it, haha. But honestly, I really do find your quilt so inspiring, from the cute details you thought to put into it to the wonderful sewing! Thank you so much for sharing it!

DIane Warburton said...

You did a fab job on this for your swop buddy on Flickr.

I'm trying to find out where to get the pattern but can't find it anywhere; even on FQS's site. Could you please help me by telling me what the pattern is called.

Many thanks

Diane

DIane Warburton said...

Hi. I've just found the pattern on Lori's etsy shop. Thanks so much for inspiring me further with interesting projects xx

DIane Warburton said...

Drat! It's only a paper copy; there isn't a pdf version. I'm in the UK, so customs and postage will be silly amounts :-( I'll have to find out if any of my friends are going over to USA and they can get me a copy whilst they're there ;-) ... There's always a way around issues!

Charo said...

Wow! It's so lovely! Did you design it? I really love it and also the fabric you used!!!

Congratulations

Related Posts with Thumbnails