Saturday, July 23, 2011

Resistance Was Futile

You might have seen the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-Long floating around sewing blogs. It looked like fun, I admired the blocks, but I swore I would not partake. Then I found myself thinking about which fabrics I would use, dropped by the flickr group, I just couldn't stop thinking about it! Then they actually had the book on the bookshelf when I was in St. George at Barnes & Noble. And that was it, I was sunk! Not only did the blocks look interesting and fun, the stories were fascinating! Haven't you always glamorized the farming life? I could not resist any longer and yes, I bought the book.
So with book in hand I have been enjoying reading the letters and contemplating the perfect fabrics for this quilt. It's not a small project and just any old fabrics would not do for me. I wanted bright colors and country prints that I could pair with white (I love white!). Well, I found the perfect fabric. Annie's Farm Stand by Holly Holderman. I mean seriously it even has Farm in the name! It has sweet little roses, ginghams, polkadots, strawberries, stripes, oh me oh my! I sold some stuff on Ebay, and these cute little fat quarters landed on my door step today. Yippee! I am so excited. But really, like I needed another project?

For more information on the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along visit the gals who started it all,
Angela at Fussy Cut and Amanda at msmcporkchopquilts . But be careful, you might get sucked in too! :)

4 comments:

Diane said...

Good luck! I got the book, found it at Joann's and was able to use a coupon, but have yet to get started.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Yea! Another convert. Love your fabrics.

Unknown said...

I know! I stepped over to the dark side too. :)

Funky's Mama said...

Congratulations on your assimilation! The fabrics are cute -- they'll make nice blocks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails