Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to the Farm

I would love to live on a farm. At least the idea of a farm. Lots of land, fresh air, fresh eggs and most of all a farmhouse with a huge wrap around porch. Aaahhh. I know the reality means a lot of hard work but it's still fun to have that dream. 
  I have really enjoyed reading the stories of real farmer's wives in the Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-Long book. It doesn't do much to cure me of the desire to spend my days on the farm though, quite the contrary. But at least I can make my blocks while I daydream. It feels good to be back in the saddle again after our move and school starting up with all of our new crazy schedules! Here are my blocks for this week:
I used a strawberry lemonade theme. Pink and yellow together are scrumptious! I might have to use this combo more often.
Our house is coming together little by little. I put up the Halloween decorations yesterday. Though it's funny, they all fit my old house perfectly. But in our new home I just don't have a place for everything. I think it's time to do a holiday purge and start fresh. My husband didn't just hear me say that, did he?

1 comment:

Coisas da Laura said...

Your blocks are fantastic!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails