Monday, October 29, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall '12

This week is the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side! There is some serious quilt eye candy over there, so go check it out!
The quilt I'm entering is my recent mini for the FLiQS swap! It was kind of a bold change for me from what I usually make, but I just love how it turned out.
 I used Denise Schmidt's Chicopee fabric and Essex linen. I designed the pattern in an uneven chevron. Since it was so linear I decided to use some curves in the quilting. I have never tried anything in FMQ except a stipple or straight stitch, so I went for it. I made swirls! The result was pretty cool and very dense.
For the tag on the back I appliqued a little arrow with all of the swap information.
I hope you like my little quilt and please remember to vote! 

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : approx. 20″x24″
Special techniques used : applique on back
Quilted by : Machine quilted me!
Best Category : Doll/Mini, Machine Quilting, Wall Hanging, or Viewer's Choice! ;)

Thank you!!

Amy's Creative Side


22 comments:

moira said...

it's lovely and really works with chicopee fabric. Love your arrow too

Little Island Quilting said...

Very vibrant. Love it.

randi--i have to say said...

Oh, this is nice! Good work!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Its excellent! Well done!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Such an adorable quilt front and back! I'm glad I stopped by =)

Debbie said...

This turned out just lovely! The chevrons are great in this fabric and great job on the quilting! What a nice finish!

CitricSugar said...

Very cute - your arrow is lovely.

Just Sew Sue said...

Very cute and I love the label

Jennifer said...

Awesome quilt! I love your fabric choices and the quilting as well!

Jennifer :)

Patti said...

Great job! I'm on a Chicopee love fest right now, so this is perfect!

Derrith said...

What a fun graphic quilt! I love it.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Oh my gosh -- I love this!!!
it's so dynamic and fresh!

And the little arrow pieced in to the back... perfect. :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fabulous quilt!

Mina said...

super cute, love the quilting swirls

Dolly said...

Nice job there.

Dolly said...

Just saw the arrow on the back.........I love it even better than the front.

Elaine said...

Others can drool over this, but I'm so glad that it is mine! So lovely to see it in the BQF!

Pile O Fabric said...

This makes me love Chicopee that much more!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

This is gorgeous! I love Chicopee and I really love your layout. Great job on your swirls :)
xo
Amanda @ a crafty fox

Rebecca said...

Great use of scraps! LOVE the quilt label!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

I have to say, I wanted this mini SO badly! It's beautiful!

Erica said...

Beautiful quilt! It really caught my eye over at BQF. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails