Friday, July 12, 2013

Farmer's Wife Friday Linky!

Hello Farmer's Friday followers! I am still hanging out on vacation in sunny St. George, UT. We've actually had crazy couple of days. We got a call from our landlady who told us that the homeowners need to move back into our house and they would like us to be out in a couple of weeks! Now legally we have 60 days, but they have to be moved out by the end of this month and they would really like if we could be too. Oh the joys of renting! So....we've been trying to figure out the best thing to do. The rental market is really tight where we live in SoCal an not to mention prices so high! We have dreams of just staying here in St. George, but the hubs has no work here. So big sigh, the search is on and I'm still on vacation. Just when you think life if settled (we just moved in 18 months ago!).
  So admittedly I don't have any blocks to show you (again, arrgghh!), but I have picked out the fabric I will be using for the next two blocks. And sometimes that's the hardest part. :) Strawberry Basket was a no brainer, strawberry fabric! An then perfect coordinating prints. And for Streak of Lightning I kept with the strawberry theme, this time in blue an kept it super simple. That looks like a fun block to make.
 But lest you think I haven't done any sewing, I have! (just not the sewing I should've been working on:) It's been very therapeutic in the last two days. I came on this trip with my Honey Honey by Kate Spain Dessert Roll and a plan for a certain quilt. But I just wasn't feeling the pattern I had chosen and needed to come up with another one. I  quickly remembered a pattern from Moda Bake Shop and Lily Quilts called Hexagon Park. Perfect! Loved the hexagons and the white border. And it stays with the Honey Honey bee theme. I am loving the way it is turning out, I will keep you posted on this one.
I hope you've had a chance to work on your Farmer's Wife blocks, please share! Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any post or picture from the past week that features your Farmer's Wife quilt progress.
2. You must LINK back to this post within your post. You can also grab a Farmer's Wife Friday button (on the right side bar).
3.
Have fun reading all the posts! Don't forget, everyone loves a nice comment! 



I had a suggestion to leave the linky open longer to allow for more link-ups! I think it's a great idea. I will leave it open for the weekend and end Sunday night at midnight. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, wish us luck on the house hunt, prayers are welcome! :)

3 comments:

Wanda Maria said...

Love your little hexagon creations - can't wait to see the finished project(s)!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Love the Hexies!

Sorry to hear about the rental. When you email me back I'll tell you about my rental nightmares! I have several since we are military.

Fingers crossed for something good to come your way,
Stefanie

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails