Thursday, September 10, 2009

Canning

I have always wanted to try canning! When I was younger a friend's parents were avid canners. It was so fascinating to come to their house and see mounds of fresh fruits and vegetables, a tall pressure cooker steaming away and rows and rows of freshly canned beauties lining their pantry. It has taking me a few years, but I asked for canning supplies for my birthday. My DH, so excited to actually have a good idea of what to get me came through. I started with Strawberry Jam and let me tell you, now I am hooked! I have yet to get into pressure canning, but this so much fun.
Here is my first batch of strawberry jam. Isn't it gorgeous?
I decided that I wanted to give the jam to family and friends but definitely needed some cute labels to go on them. Here's what I came up with:


I found some free clip art online and came up with a little logo- ellie's jellies. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I made a mini label for the lid.


My next attempt was Raspberry Mango Jam. Wow, that is delicious! Mangos were hard to work with, but worth the effort.


Next I wanted to try jelly and pomegranates are the rage right now. I simply used Pom pomegranate juice.


Isn't the color divine?


Preparing food really should not be this much fun. Try it!

1 comment:

leanne said...

I just love your labels - ellies jellies is just too cute ! and the colours of those jams is amazing - bet they taste good as well :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails