Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Charlotte's 1st Birthday!

My sweet baby Charlotte turned one on December 20th! I wanted to find a theme that wasn't too Christmas-y but still fit the season. I saw this invitation that Kim at TomKat Studio put together and knew that's what I wanted to do-aqua, red and snowflakes. Love it! She also made these darling birthday circles and I had to have those. I used them on the cupcakes....




 ...and her birthday hat. I just rolled a piece of 12x12 paper, added a tuft of glitter tulle and wrapped ribbon around the top and bottom. I punched a hole in each side and added ribbon for the straps.



The cupcakes were made with red velvet cake and topped with aqua frosting and sugar crystals for an extra sparkle.

Charlotte's cake was also red velvet with aqua frosting. I added red ribbons and sparkly snowflake accents. Her candle was a number one sparkler.


My budget was tight this year, but this was her first birthday! It's amazing what you can do with paper. It's inexpensive and along with my Cricut made some cute things.


First was the birthday banner. I used the Alphalicious font and snowflakes from the Home Accents cartridge. I found snowflake chipboard and added bling. I love the way it turned out. I also cut out white and aqua snowflakes and hung them all over the room. It had such a fun winter wonderland effect.


  We had the party at my parents cozy condo and I was lacking my serveware and other entertaining accouterments, but it worked out. I have to let go of my perfectionism!:)  These are my three girls, Charlotte, Sophie and Maggie right after church before the party.


The birthday girl! I covered her high chair in snowflake fabric to match the outfit that I made for her. Sister Sophie made her the bracelet.

Here is her outfit. It was made with the Stripwork skirt pattern from Pink Fig Patterns. I used Michael Miller fabric and the scraps I had left from the Patty Young project I worked on here. I made an aqua circle and cut out a red snowflake and used Steam - A- Seam to iron it on her shirt. I also made the matching hairbow.


I found this wrapping paper at Target and tied her gifts with an aqua bow, perfect!



With big sissy, Sophie.

My favorite picture of the day. Her new stuffed Monkey from Uncle Matt & Aunt Jenny. Love you Charlotte!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails