Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pattern Tester

I love Twitter! I so enjoy hearing what some of my favorite crafters and sewers are doing. One day Patty Young, the fabulous fabric designer and creater of ModKid patterns, tweeted that she needed some help with pattern testing for some of her new pattern lines. I jumped at the chance and though a lot of people responded, in the end was chosen!! I was over the moon thrilled at the chance. The pattern was the Mini Kyoko for the American Girl dolls. This was great because my daughters have the dolls and I have sewn clothes for them before.


Patty was going to send me the pattern and fabric from her new Flora & Fauna collection and I needed to design and make it and give her any corrections needed (as if!). I eagerly anticipated the package and was so excited when it came.

Here is the letter from Ms. Young. And here is how they turned out:

  This is the first version I put together modeled by my daughter's doll, Elizabeth. Patty sent red baby wale corduroy and I used that for the pants. The top is made from different fabrics from the Flora and Fauna line. I used purchased red bias for the edging. I also made matching hair bows.





  This is the second version modeled by my niece's doll, Amber. I'm so glad I did it because I liked this version better. I made my own bias this time and just liked how the colors worked out. I made the hair flower from felt, fabric and a button.

 Here they are together, so cute! So I sent the pictures to Patty and hopefully she will put them in her pattern when it comes out in January. It was such an exciting project and so fun to know I could help in a little way. Thanks Patty!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails