Thursday, July 21, 2011

Productive

One thing I love about summer is that I get a little more free time to work on projects. And I've been productive! I finally finished the Oliver + S Jump Rope dress for Charlotte! I LOVE how it turned out. And the pattern was so great and easy to follow. 
I used Oliver + S City Weekend fabric. I just loved the shade of blue and decided to accent using the yellow mini dot.


 Back View...I just love all the little details on this dress.
Detailing on the sleeve, how cute is that?
 
Patch pockets
 
I could not find the right shade of blue or yellow buttons, so I decided to cover buttons with the same fabric. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like how it turned out.
 I also made an apron for my mom (but forgot to take pictures!) and I'm working on this new quilt using Summertime fabric.
Last, I'm usually working on a new project each week for the children's singing time at church. Last week we played Battleship! The kids picked a square and on the back they either sink a battleship piece (each piece had a song to sing), or they "miss" and pick water. It was a hit! I really enjoy being with the kids.

It feels so good to get things done and be productive!

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the little dress. You are an excellent seamstress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails