Monday, March 17, 2014

Do. good stitches Blocks

 Happy St. Patty's Day to ya! I've got a corned beef in my slow cooker and plans to make irish soda bread and shamrock shakes for dessert. I may even get a pot of gold in the form of rolos for a table centerpiece. :)

We've been working hard in the Faith Group of Do. good stitches! I haven't shared our blocks for the last few months and wanted to do an update of all our happenings.

In December Anita had us try the wonky log cabin. I am the first to admit I really didn't love this block. First of all, I'm not a big fan of the whole wonky thing, second, it was just tricky and I don't really love how mine turned out. But I have to say the finished quilt does look pretty fun!

For January we went wonky again! Melissa had us do a pair of wonky stars. We each chose a single color to do both a large and small star.




http://www.flickr.com/photos/me1issa/12629825565/in/pool-faithdogoodstitches

Then she took all our stars and put them in rainbow order, isn't it bright and cheery!? I know a recipient from Restore Innocence will just love it.

For February Debbie had us do the Vice-Versa block from GenXQuilters. I'll admit this was one of my favorites! I'm not a huge churn dash fan, but I love the way this looks with the mirror of itself. And I love the colors Debbie chose.

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/27780490@N05/13160120865/in/pool-faithdogoodstitches
This is a shot of her layout, isn't it so cool? I LOVE this quilt! Awesome job girls, it feels so good to be a part of such a worthy cause and be able to use my craft to help others. :)


4 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't even THINK about the fact that we had wonky back-to-back! :) The good thing about the star was that you could go as wonky - or not - as you wanted. And, yes, it's a super cheery quilt. :) All of them are!! It does feel good to be a part of something so meaningful.
Great job stepping out of your comfort zone -- your blocks are all great!

Mosaic said...

I agree with you about wonky quilt blocks as I'm not a fan of doing them either. My OCD demands order. The quilt did turn out nice though.

Brian Cailsey said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I am happy to find your website and can join to comment
I think is very valuable to be able to read your writing, and on this occasion will I use for my reference source
Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you continue to write spirit next topic
bbm windows phone harga galaxy s5 harga nokia x harga asus zenfone harga lenovo golden warrior s8 harga philips w6618 obat kuat vimax semarang harga hp terbaru

Katie Langton said...

Would love to try this one day! Don't think I'd have the patience though... :)
Www.Craftmind.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts with Thumbnails