Monday, September 10, 2012

Ice Cream Dress for Charlotte

 I have had the Ice Cream dress by Oliver + S on my do to list for a long time. I FINALLY finished it! I had to make it before Charlotte grew out of it! She looks so cute in it and actually asks to wear it.
 I used Moda's Secret Garden fabric from Sandi Henderson. I kinda wish I had used the purple fabric on the top and bottom, but I still like it. :)

 

I decided I needed to add a little embellishment, a flower of course! Again, I wanted to use more of the purple fabric. I used layered petals and finished with a covered button.
It was a pretty easy pattern except for attaching the top half to the middle. A little tricky with the button hole slit in the back. I may or may not attempt to make it again. But it looks so darn cute and the fabric possibilities are endless!


1 comment:

Elaine said...

what a super cute dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails